Bonjour mes amis,
Amazon tends to have a little bit of everything, and that doesn’t exclude language learning supplies. With so many options, how do you know which ones to chose or what to look for? Whether it’s Amazon Prime Day, Cyber Monday, or just any day, you can definitely get some good deals on learning materials. I’ll show you how to Use Amazon for Language Learning. I’ll show you options for both books as well as audio books for French and Spanish. Read on, my friends!
to get FREE supplementary tools
to help you learn French or Spanish?
Did you know that Amazon has some awesome books in French? Something tells me your local library doesn’t have any books in French. Unless you are just super lucky (not me). I don’t necessarily recommend buying another textbook either. Find a book you really want to read!
Find something you enjoy reading, like the French Harry Potter. Sure, you won’t understand everything at first, but if you have read the book in English, you’ll understand the premise of the story. You may even be very surprised at how much better you can read and understand French by the time you finish the book!
If you prefer other books, with short stories so you don’t feel lost, check out these books.
- My personal favorite is French: Short Stories for Beginners. Long enough to get the feel for the language and sentence structure, but not so long that you get lost in the words you don’t know. Simple tenses and vocabulary. These stories really are super helpful for beginning learners.
- French Short Stories by LingoMastery is another good collection of short stories for beginners.
- Easy French Stories for Beginners is a bit more advanced than the above storybook, but it is also helpful for beginners.
- Le Petit Nicholas is actually part of a fictional story series that is quite entertaining.
Don’t like any of these options? Here’s a pre-sorted page of fun French books you can look through to find one that speaks to you.
My checklists and resources are not ready yet, but if you would like to get started learning Spanish on your own, here are some excellent resources. Again, audiobooks are free with the Audible trial membership. If you want the Kindle version, you get 30% off your first order with your Prime membership. As a beginning learner, I highly recommend just the audiobook. It’s free, and you really need to learn to hear the sounds of the language before you read it.
- Spanish: Short Stories for Beginners. Long enough to get the feel for the language and sentence structure, but not so long that you get lost in the words you don’t know. Simple tenses and vocabulary. These stories really are super helpful for beginning learners.
- 10 Bedtime Stories in Spanish and English with audio.
- Spanish Short Stories by LingoMastery is another good collection of short stories for beginners that comes in audiobook format.
- 8 Unconventional Short Stories for Beginners. Is a fun, and unconventional book of fun stories.
**You can also find my pre-sorted list of fun Spanish books on Amazon.
Remember, none of these books can be a complete source of learning on its own. It is a piece in your language learning resource library.
French Audio Books
1. FREE TRIAL! That’s right. You can try Amazon Prime for FREE. If you are not an Amazon Prime member, you can sign up for a trial of the “membership” at no cost to you for 30-days. Just click that first yellow button to get your free trial (“Get Started” under the big image banner).
2. Audible. Have you discovered the joys of audible and audiobooks? Audiobooks are mandatory for learning a new language (unless you are immersed in it). You have to hear the language to learn to speak it. Audiobooks are one of the best ways to do it. Amazon Prime members can sign up for an Audible Trial. Test out a 30-day FREE trial here. (Oh yeah, and if it has been over a year since you last used/canceled your membership, this still works for you!).
Once you have both of these free trial memberships, you can get these FREE audiobooks to help you learn.
I hope you find something useful for your language learning journey.
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. However, I recommend only the resources I think are most valuable to your learning journey, not just the product that pays the best.
Is Rosetta Stone the Best Way to Learn?
Rosetta Stone is not for everyone. It's time to change up the game and actually find success learning a new language.
Get access to the free eGuide that will guide you through finding the perfect resource for you and your needs.